Skinned knee..help!!!?

On July 4th, as i was running someone stepped on the back of my shoe, and needless to say, the concrete now has a piece of me with it. I skinned up both knees pretty bad and my hand. My hand is almost completely healed, but, my knees are a different story. I don't quite know what to do with them. I've been keeping them clean with an antiseptic cleanser and then putting Neosporin on and a Lidocaine jelly that my doctor gave me. After that, I wrapped them up with gauze. Yesterday, my cousin who is a nursing school student told me that I shouldn't be putting Neosporin on anymore that I only need to clean them twice a day. She also said I need to keep the gauze and everything off and let them dry out and scab up. I'm not quite sure what to do because the pain is incredible without covering. I am also going to Warped Tour on July 25th and I need them to heal ASAP. Here are pictures of the 3rd day (left) and the 9th day (right). What should I do?

http://instagram.com/p/bqaWjDGX2B/

Favorite Answer

Your cousin is right. The scabs need to dry up so they can heal. I would suggest you only clean it once a day.

Source(s): mc