DVD/CD drive door won't open?

On my HP Pavilion Slimline computer, I placed a disk in and it won't load or even show it's available to open the disk. I received an error message regarding the disk. So, I tried to eject the disk and nothing happens. I've tried restarting the computer, I've tried to gently pry the door -- don't want to break anything -- but I'm at a loss as to what to do! Can anyone help me with any ideas, please?

Favorite Answer

Sounds like your drive is garbage. To get the disk out you can take a paper clip and straighten it, locate the small hole on the front of the drive, insert the paper clip and the drive should pop open. I would reccomend a new drive for your computer to avoid any future problems more than likely.

Source(s): Been there before
  • David

There should be a small hole in the front of the drive - only about 1mm across. A bit of stiff wire - a straightened paperclip usually works - pushed straight into the hole should pop the drawer open. Do this with the power off (and preferably unplugged) to avoid causing a short circuit.

A blank CD should be used to check what's wrong with the drive.......