16 and pregnant, what do I do?

How do I tell my parents? My dad is strict and he will want to hurt me and my boyfriend.

Im really nervous.

Favorite Answer

You sit them down and say, "I am terribly sorry to disappoint you. I'm pregnant." Sit them both down together.

Your dad will "want" to hurt you but he probably won't, unless he already beats you.

You only have three choices: abortion, adoption or keep the baby. You may find that your parents are suddenly pro-abortion, whether they have been that way or not in the past. It is probably a good choice for you, as the majority of teen moms are poor and half don't even finish high school.

Learn from this. If you were using pulling out, it doesn't work. Use condoms with spermicide and/or get on birth control. I recommend an IUD or an implant, so there's nothing to remember.

• Jo

Apparently your dad wasn't strict enough.

And apparently you did not have sense enough to use protection or to think having sex at 16 would have consequences.

What do you do? Have no idea.

Too bad you didn't come out here before you had the unprotected sex and ask then if we thought that was ok.

Someone has to pay the medical bills and raise the child.

If you are old enough to have unprotected sex and risk getting pregnant - then you are certainly old enough to be responsible for it. One cannot pull the "I'm 16 - old enough to have sex" - then turn around and pull the "I'm ONLY 16 - what should I do" thing.

Sure you are nervous as you are way too young to be dealing with this. Just as you were way too young to be having sex in the first place.

But seeing as you did - seeing as you thought it was the right thing to do - then you will have to deal with the consequences.

The sooner the better.

Wow have some respect people like you haven't made any mistakes in life. Sweetie if you are planning on keeping it just remember this is a human life and any choices you make from now on will effect him/her.. sorry for coming off scary but a lot of moms even older ones can't seem to grasp that. Telling your parents is one of the hardest parts but once its over with you will feel so much better. If you don't wanna keep it well that's your choice. This is your life and take your time off to really think. Wish you the best of luck.

Do you want to keep the baby?

Are you able to look after the baby?

I think you should answer those first.

Its always good to own up to your mistakes. In life, everyone makes mistakes but not everyone learns from them.

At least telling your family will draw support that you need from them.

Sit them both down and tell them how much you love them and that you have never wanted to hurt them and you are very sorry and you dont want them to freak out but you are pregnant.

They will over react but there just going to have to accept it sooner or later.

Good luck :)

Sit both of your parents down and talk to them about it. They may be able to help you out with the baby

Your desperate you know that 16 and pregnant. But then again that's what all the "cool" kids are doing these days well cool kids and prostitutes

Call MTV first, your parents will figure it out soon enough when they see you.

Pray hard den..who ask you to do stupid stuffs?