How do you know if an interview went well?

Yesterday I had my first job interview since graduating college. I was interviewed by 4 people. During the interview, there was an in depth discussion about salary and benefits followed by my ability to commute to the job during the winter. I felt very comfortable during the interview and shared a conversation with one of the committee members after the interview was over. I got the feeling during the interview that it was more focused on getting to know me and personality rather than any job qualifications.

Each person asked a variety of questions. Some questions were professional while others were more personal. I feel that I answered their questions well and to the best of my abilities. I tried to keep my responses focused on the question. I was appropriately dressed and made sure to shake their hands and thank them for the interview.

My concerns are this:

I did not receive a call back time and date.

One committee member asked few questions, but was engaged in conversation.

I may not have communicated my skills as well as I had hoped.

There are things I wish I had added or said.

Thank you very much! Best of luck to all of you on the job hunt this year! :)

• tom
    Favorite Answer

Send each a thank you note. You can write about things that you did not mention. This gives them an idea that you really want the job.

Good luck.