Is the band Muse satanic or anything like that?

I love the band Muse, their songs are fantastic and I know their atheist, but being athiest doesn't matter to me. But devil worshipping kinda does. I don't know why, but it physcologically unnerves me and makes me feel bad about loving their music. I was talking about music with my friends and one girl said that they are satanists, that their songs all have esoteric meanings behind them, but they make it inconspicuous so people will like them. Is this true? I'm not against any other music except songs that have satanist material in them, because I just don't like other peoples unhappiness, which they must have if they are devil worshippers. Sorry for the big paragraph, but I just wanted to explain fully my intention behind asking. Thanks to anyone who answers c:

Favorite Answer

This confuses me, firstly where does your friend get these 'satanic' characteristics from? and why do you believe this friend of yours? She clearly doesn't delve deep enough into the band, to find out what their aesthetics are and what they are about. Sure, there is a background story that rock music is associated with the 'devil' and all things south of heaven, but I think she/you should learn to compare (don't hate me for this) radio friendly music, such as muse, given they always play it on the radio where I'm from, and something much more appropriate for the genre of 'Satanist' or 'Satan Worshipping' such as black metal (of course only if the band openly states they are in fact 'Satanists). Simply, Muse are far from 'satanic'.

right... first of all... I think Matt Bellamy is actually Agnostic!

secondly.... Satanism does not necessarily mean you worship the devil and if that is what you think of when you hear the word, you are ignorant (talking about people in general)

As for muse, I'm pretty sure their music doesn't contain satanic messages and I have no idea where your friend may have heard this. It is true that when Origin of symmetry was written matt was taking mushrooms, which is why most of the lyrics make no sense..... but I am almost certain that they're not devil worshippers..... and if they are atheist or agnostic or whatever they are... how would they benefit from putting satanic messages in their music. I think that would just make them weird ( which they are, but they are weird in a good way....)

Your friend's a moron, no offense. I can't even fathom where they would get that idea. Yes, they are probably atheists, except for maybe the times when they're agnostic. I can assure you they do not worship the devil.

Source(s): Years of being obsessed with Muse and watching pretty much every single interview.

Muse aren't satanist. As you yourself observed, they are probably atheistic. You can't be both. I don't really like them, but I don't think you should feel bad about listening to them.

Hope I helped.

IF you're atheist I'd think you should be open for other peoples religions and respect them, so why are you bothered by people worshipping the devil?

Muse sucks, but no, they aren't satanic. Listen to Burzum, it'll make you feel good

No, they just suck and theyre sort of communists.

And that singer's voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

I cant stand them. Posers.

Do they mention Lucifer in a positive/reverent tone throughout their songs? No? All I'm getting from this is that your friend is weird.

Source(s): .

No, not even remotely close.

• Anna

You can't be serious...