Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

Why does my dog randomly run in and out of my back door?

She is a 14 week old cockapoo and she sprints in the house and back out of the back door for several minutes. After she lies down and goes to sleep. Can anyone tell me why?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

You may think this is random. But your wrong. Dogs are WAY smarter than we give them credit for. Not many people know this, but before jesus christ came, dogs controlled much of modern day europe. Your dog is trying to communicate with you.

Time the intervals between your dog running in and out.

Mark the intervals in minutes on a chart showing the letters of the alphabet, 1 to 26. You will find that your dog NEVER takes more than 26 minutes outside.

Make sure the chart is big enough for your dog to see and understand. If you mark a letter, and your dog starts barking furiously, scratch out the marking, then try the one either side, you probably got it wrong with your timing, and your dog is frustrated and trying to let you know.

Every time your dog licks his balls, put down a space.

When you have received your dog's commands, follow them. Don't question them. Not many humans are selected for this. He thinks your worthy. Don't let him down.

Dog communication is rare. The fate of the world may hang in the balance.

Thank god almighty you brought this problem to Yahoo answers. Good luck and god speed.

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Just a puppy having a "mad moment".

They do this sort of thing.

My pup used to race round the garden like a loony and in and out of the conifers for a few minutes and collapse in a heap and sleep.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

She is playing and sounds like she is having fun...she is fine.

Sounds like a happy little dog for sure.

My Min Schnauzer does the same routine, will take off down the long hallway, comes back, takes off again, then lays down to rest and nap, they are just playing.

Get her a ball, bet she would love to chase it and bring it back to you.

Source(s): Retired Owner, breeder handler. Active Rescuer.
  • 8 years ago

She wants to play and get her energy out. By running around she is releasing the pent up energy. So just get her frisbee or ball and play with her for a while so she doesn't run back and forth all of the time. :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Maybe she liked to do that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.