Scab not healing after 4 months?

Well i'm 16 and i've had this scab for about 4 months it's on my leg, about 2 months ago i picked the scab thinking it should have been done by now.. and 10 minutes ago i picked it again. Why is it taking so long to heal? I think there is something in the wound that is preventing it to heal. i squeezed the area and a bit of blood came out on the sides but not in the middle. I'm scared because i googled it and they said it might be skin cancer. But i really doubt it. The scab is about the size of a eraser on the end of a pencil maybe a tad bit smaller, should i be that concerned? Oh i live in North Carolina.

Favorite Answer

Just let it heal don't pick at the scab and you will be all right.

• iswd1

I have the exact same thing, it is on my shin, and it's about the same size as yours, too. It just never healed right, but I also picked it before it was healed, so maybe it's an issue?

I have done a lot of looking on the net and found tons of people who have said they have the same thing, so it seems pretty common. I haven't gone to a dermatologist yet, but if I do end up going, I'll have it looked at.