DIY Makeup Foundation Powder?

I need a new powder and I can't go buy one I don't have the money so I need some remedies that contain things an average 13 year old would have in there drawer. Thanks for your help!!!

Favorite Answer

Homemade Powder Makeup Foundation

What you will need:

2T.Cornstarch

1T.Baby Powder

Cocoa Powder (amounts will differ per person)

Container (empty mineral makeup container or an empty spice container with a shaker works well)

Makeup Brush

optional ingredients: cinnamon, nutmeg

Mix the cornstarch and baby powder together in a small bowl. Add cocoa powder in increments (this will give it the tint). I added mine in 1/4 to 1/2 t. at a time. If you don't add at least some cocoa powder the product is going to come out very light on your skin. You need to add SOME cocoa powder so that you don't end up looking ghostly. The final results will depend on how light or dark and what you want to do with this. For a translucent powder you would only add a small amount. For a foundation you will add more.

If you need something a little different try adding cinnamon or nutmeg to it and you will get a different shade. It all depends on you and your skin tone and what you want to use this recipe for.

When your ready to try it out, shake some into the lid of your container, take a makeup brush and swirl it around and shake off the excess. Apply to your face and enjoy!

Don't you feel pretty special making your very own powder makeup foundation?

Use corn starch and cocoa powder! Super easy and works better than most powders you can buy at the store! Here's a link to a tutorial on how to make it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDY2pElIvyM

Youtube thumbnail