Is a temperature of 99.1 a fever?

I feel all sick and feverish but my temperature is only 99.1... Does that count as a fever?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You can be sick without a fever. Also, 99.1 might be normal if you took it at the end of the day. Because normal body temperature can vary a whole degree throughout the day. Normal body temperature is higher in the evening and lower in the morning.

Also, everyones normal temperature is a little different. Mine is normally lower than 98.6.

But if you feel sick without much of a fever, you're still sick, simple as that. People have had the h1n1 flu without having a fever.

So just take care of yourself either way. But no fever reducers if your fever is lower than 102.5.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

98.6 is a normal temperature, and some thermometers can have an error of as much as half a degree. Take your temperature 2 more times waiting 3 to 5 minutes between. Take the average, but it looks like your not very sick, unless your temp is on the rise. If it is, it will go up each time you check. Hope you feel better either way.

• 7 years ago

It may count as a fever. According to my statistics, 100 or above is coming close to a fever. You may have the chance of a fever, though, because 99.1 is close. The real signs of a fever are when you're feeling allergic reactions in other circumstances, such as dust allergies, or latest events or activities.

Source(s): My experience with these events :)
  • 4 years ago

99.1 Is Fever

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Technically yes, but it isn't substantial enough to be looked at as dangerous. Your body temperature can increase for any number of reasons. Most likely you have a small bug and your body is fighting it. No worries.

• 7 years ago

Medically? No. But it's pretty darn close. I'd lay down, take some type of fever reducer, and have a cold wash cloth on your forehead.

Hope you feel better.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

absolutely not. Keep track of it, but up to 100 is not considered a temp. 100.4 is febrile in any medical facility. Just monitor your temp. 99.1 IS NOT INDICATIVE of anything.

• 7 years ago

Yea It dose anything over 98.6 counts. But they wont send you home from school till you pass 100.

Source(s): Heath Class
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

No a fever is 100.5 degrees and higher. Hope I helped!!

Source(s): School Nurse
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.