Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

About Alaskan Klee Kai?

Hi, so I really want an Alaskan Klee Kai, they are just amazing dogs. But I live in Brazil and we don't have breeders of Alaskan Klee Kai here, most of the people never heard about this breed. I'm thinking about go to the USA in 2014 or 2015 and maybe I'll buy an Alaskan Klee Kai, but it's possible? Like, can I bring the dog with me? And about the price, I saw that this breed is so damn expensive, do you know a breeder that makes a better price? Like, less than $800, please.

Please, I really need answers.

Favorite Answer

You will never find a pure breed Klee Kai for less than $800. You have a chance of getting a retired Klee Kai show dog for $800 to $1500 but there is typically a long wait list with registered breeders for these dogs. Also, anyone that buys a Klee Kai from a breeder is required to return the dog to them if the owner can no longer care for it and needs to find it a new home. Adoption of these Klee Kais runs around $800-$900. Register breeders can be found at AKKAOA.org

A Klee Kai puppy runs from $1500 to $3000 depending on gender, coat color, and the color of the eyes. I paid $2500 for my Cinnamon-Grey-White Blue-Eyed female puppy. If you ever do find a Klee Kai for under $800, chances are its not pure breed and might possible be mixed with another breed. The AKKAOA is very strict on not mixing breeds. There has been some recent sales of a Klee Kai - Shiba mixes where unregistered breeders are trying to pass them off a Klee Kais.

Any breeder with the AKKAOA is part of a huge data base that tracks the health and well being of the breeding dogs. If the breeder does not provide the family health tree to you, the future health can be at risk.

Just like a husky, Klee Kai require a lot of care and constantly need to have their energy exerted or they will find something else to do (like tear up your pillows). They are also very smart and agile (They can figure out how to open doors and you will never be able to catch one if its running away from you).

Spend the time to research. I spent two years deciding if this was the dog for me. Then spend a good amount of time researching breeders and then the down time of being on a wait list. They also have a high protein diet. I spend about $50 to $75 dollars more a month on dog food compared to my parents' dog.

Contact a few breeders and ask to be put on their mailing list to get updates on available puppies, retired dogs, and dogs for adoption.

Source(s): http://akkaoa.org/ http://www.alaskankleekaiscam.com/ Own a 1 1/2 old female Klee Kai

Yes, you can buy an Alaskan Klee Kai in the US and bring it back to Brazil. But it can be a headache transporting it back to Brazil with you.I'll attach a link below for you to read about traveling/transporting your pet.

Okay about the $800 or less your not going to find an Alaskan Klee Kai that's that cheap. Unless it's from a BYB. Just save up the money for one from a reputable breeder.

Good Luck