promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Cannot create page method "GetCompletionList" because no CodeBehind or CodeFile file was found!?

Hi there,

I am am in need of help with regards to the following error that I am getting when clicking on "Add AutoComplete page method" on a textbox control in an aspx page: "Cannot create page method "GetCompletionList" because no CodeBehind or CodeFile file was found!". This is related to adding an Ajax control to a webpage object such as a textbox.

I have successfully added the Ajax Control Toolkit to my website toolbox in Visual Studio 2012. I have followed the following tutorial http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/act_AutoComplete_si... and get the error when I get to step 4.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Provide servicepath: <asp:AutoCompleteExtender ID="AutoCompleteExtender1" TargetControlID="txtMovie" ServiceMethod ="GetCompletionList" runat="server" UseContextKey="True" servicepath="webservice.asmx" />

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

What version are you running? In Word 2007, go to the Page Layout tab and select Orientation. It lets you choose Portrait or Landscape.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.