How to cancel FHA mortgage insurance?

I purchased a home May of 2012 with Wells Fargo and FHA at 3.75. I did alot of upgrades and improvements in the last year and I want to try to get rid of my FHA insurance. How do I start looking into cancelling it to lower my payments?
Update: Great answers thanks...further initially the appraised value when I purchased the home was $6000 more than our purchase price. I since upgraded all electric, installed new appliance, new siding, new pvc fence around a large property, new wood floors, installed CAC, refurbshed cabinets. I am contimplating extending... show more Great answers thanks...further initially the appraised value when I purchased the home was $6000 more than our purchase price. I since upgraded all electric, installed new appliance, new siding, new pvc fence around a large property, new wood floors, installed CAC, refurbshed cabinets. I am contimplating extending and redoing our driveway soon but def sometime next year. My real estate lawyer told me I would be able to remove this insurance eventually when our value of home increases 20%. I think it should be now if not close to it.
4 answers 4