What was the best 'BIG" AND ANTIICIPATED movie of the summer that wasn't a disappointment?

Okay, what was the best movie? I can't think of anything that was big that I was like WOWWW this was the movie of the summer. TOO MANY DISAPOINTMENTS. I knew I wouldn't like Superman before it came out and surprise surprise I fell asleep during the movie.

I would say Star Trek, but I have to remind myself that I saw it, so that wasn't soooo great. Wolverine I'm going to pass on. I enjoyed After Earth, though it was a litttttlleee slow at times and not as fun as I'd have imagined it to be (wayyyy too much emotions and baggage which is popular vs. focusing on the actions and problems at hand)... World War Z was good, but it wasn't great enough like seeing say a Star Wars or Jurassic Park or Godfather where I'm talking about it constantly afterwards...

I can't think of anything else. Oohhhhh I did love the Sandra bullock movie as a cop... and I loved THE CALL but that's on DVD now

I guess Pacific Rim is my last hope for the summer

Your thoughts??? Not talking about small budget that does well, we're talking the big blockbusters...

Favorite Answer

According to me, nothing REALLY great came out this summer. But I would say that Oblivion and World War Z were good. I had big hopes about Die hard 5, but it turned out to be bad. Early during the year I liked Last Stand (just because I'm an Arnie fan).

I would say that as far as half the year is considered, 2013 did not look that great as 2012. In 2012 we had Dark Knight and Skyfall.

I'm not a big Blockbuster fan but Now You See Me was awesome!!!! It had a lot of twists and a big shock at the end! it had some dark comedy too and during the movie I was dying of excitement...(please don't hate it's just a PERSONAL idea)

:)

• woodi

I suppose its gotta be WWZ. I really really didn't wanna see it. I thought it was gonna be terrible and cgi infested like I Am Legend. I was pleasantly surprised. But yea.....pretty bad blockbusters this year IMO. Hated Fast Six, Iron Man 3, and Man of Steel. The best movie ive seen this year was Mud tho.