Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 7 years ago

Dying my hair, help!!?

Okay well I have two question. My first question is...how long should I wait to dye my hair after a shower? I took a shower about 7 hours ago and I want to dye my hair now, is that okay?

Second question is..I am dying my hair blonde, is it okay to take some of the dye and put it on my peach fuzz on my face (I have some black hairs on my upper lip...yuck)...and on my stomach hair? I SOUND SUPER HAIRY AND GROSS BUT YEA...please help! Thanks!

• Muslim
    Favorite Answer

Put on gloves to prevent staining. If you don't want to wear gloves, be aware that your skin may stain.Add the Kool-Aid packages to a small bowl. Be sure to use the unsweetened version, to avoid creating sticky hair. Moreover, don't use the artificially sweetened kind, as the chemicals might irritate your eyes. You may need to use more packages than recommended here, depending on the length of your hair, and how deep you want the color. Suggestions for suitable Kool-Aid matched to a hair shade change are: Tropical punch is great for a brighter red

Cherry works for a deeper red

Black-cherry mixed with strawberry works for a bright red

Mixing raspberry and grape can make a purplish red

Experiment with variations of your favorite Kool-Aid colors to

Add a few drops of conditioner to help the color from the Kool-Aid permeate the hair more evenly. Adding conditioner also helps to make a paste, which is easier to handle.Mix the 3-6 packages of Kool-Aid, the water, and the conditioner together, until the ingredients form a smooth paste. Keep mixing out all of the lumps; it must be completely lump-free before using.Wrap the person whose hair you're dying in towel(s) (or a garbage bag with a clip to keep it in place) to avoid stains. Remember that Kool-Aid can stain fabric, so use an old towel or cloth. Work the paste into the hair, starting near the roots. This is the fun part but you definitely need help for this if you're dyeing your own hair.Put up sections of hair to ensure that you color the lower layers of hair too.Wrap the hair in several long strips of sandwich wrap. You'll have to sleep in it, so do a good job! This step is important not just to protect your pillows and sheets, but because it will trap the moisture in, allowing for a deeper color change. It would be a good idea to wrap your pillow in an old towel in case the sandwich wrap moves around while sleeping.After a good night's sleep, remove the plastic wrap. Don't be dismayed by the gruesome colours on your skin––everything washes off! See How to remove Kool-Aid from skin if you have skin stains.

Thoroughly rinse your hair with lukewarm water. Do not shampoo! If you use shampoo, the color will wash straight out. Apply conditioner if wished, then rinse again. Then comb your hair out and wait for it to dry. The final tint will be less obvious with wet hair.

Rock your new Kool-Aid colored hair! Darker hair will just change tints, but lighter hair can be dramatically changed! You may need to experiment with this a few times to get the balance right for your hair color––just remember that the darker your natural hair, the less obvious the effects this was the simply procedure you can do it with any dye

Yes it's okay to dye your hair now. It's better when it is clean that way the dye can catch better to your hair without the oiliness. 2 I wouldn't recommend puttin bleach on your face. If you do, do not put it on for more then 5 minutes because it could and may burn or irritate your skin. Hope this helps

Source(s): Hair stylist

Yes its okay to dye it right now. And if it's bleach I don't recommend it but if it's just dye yea you could or you could shave your upper lip and stomach.

No!!!! Just get some facial hair bleach. And yes you can go ahead a dye it!

Source(s): Experiencccee

Suggest not to do that, because the shower will dilute your hair color. Golden hair hair extensions can be used instead.

Don't use anything that is not specified for facial hair on your face. Skin damage...wax it off instead.

its fine! and nonono dont do that, it will hurt your skin

its fine and no! thats not ok!