Why is DC so cheap only requiring Walmart to have a $12.50/hr min wage?Why not $40 or $50/hr?

Don't they have lots of money?

Best Answer

Funny how Walmart is the only company hit by the law.

@stand - actually managers make quite a bit more than that:

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Employer=Wal-M...

I've never understood why someone would work at a company for years, and not make the effort to move up to being a manager. When I worked in retail I started as a cashier, but worked my way up to a better job.

Do you have a link. I don't think Walmart $12.50 even to their top managers. Also why do you love China?? You do know that they steal good paying jobs that Americans could be doing?

Minimum wage should be adjusted to meet the cost of living, not just some random number, genius.

Minimum should be $200/hour since law yurz are making $800/hour there.

Because they are trying to enforce living wages, not ridiculous wages.

So what? They're just gonna not build those 3 stores then. So no jobs are being lost since they weren't there.

Really! You think any business can afford to pay those wages and have reasonable prices ... NOT.