R J
R J asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Why has the Paula Deen scandal been *swept under the rug* all of the sudden?

Favorite Answer

It has hardly been swept under the rug. Paula has lost about everything because she said one word 30 years ago when she was robbed at gunpoint at a bank she was working as a teller. My God! Why don't we just send her to the death chamber for that? Let's see who might have done worse. Dog the Bounty Hunter said that word about a dozen times in reference to his sons girlfriend and had no gun at his head and it wasn't 30 years ago. He now has a new show and doing fine.

Mel Gibson said horrible racist things with his crazed rants to his wife, but he is still making lots of money and movies with Jodie Fosters full support. I might also mention that these racist rants were taped and recorded for the public to hear.

When someone has a gun pointed at their head, I won't hold them accountable for anything they say about the criminal that did it. They have free reign to call them whatever they want in my opinion. Nothing should have been done to Paula at all and everyone should be ashamed of themselves for making a mountain out of a mole hill. No, it wasn't even a mole hill. It was nothing. I give her my full support and hope she gets another show so I can watch. I blocked out the Food Network channel and they will never be put back on my TV viewing again.

• Cody

The media blew it up as far as they could, and when the air all leaked out of this non-event balloon they just let it die a natural death. I mean, like, who the hell cares what Paula Deene says?

• matt

Rachel Jeantel

• Pepper

swept under the rug?? I think it is more like they did everything they could to her and there is nothing left of her

Because it wasn't a scandal. It was a bunch of nutcases overreacting.

a short story life