Anonymous

Do you forgive Paula Dean for what shes said/ done?

Favorite Answer

The best thing Paula Dean could have done is kept her mouth shut. Instead of being politically correct and suffering from "White guilt." So what she said it almost 30 yrs ago, so what, she is a fool for saying that and admitting that it was said, so what its said every day by many ppl and it really don't matter. The ppl that it matters to is the ones that act to what the word means, the ones that don't act like what the definition of the word means it means nothing to them. Now lets reverse the role and let it be a Black person that called a White person honky or cracker (which if ppl would do their history they would know that cracker DOESN'T relate to skin color, it relates to the sound a whip makes, which by that definition,Blacks, Indians (Native Americans) and Whites can ALL be called crackers) not a single thing would have been about that, but let a White person say something that may or may not be racist and it makes main stream media as breaking news..

@CherryHed...If you would study history properly and stop reading into the bs that the government expects us to believe you would see that Blacks weren't "taken" from Africa, they were sold by rival tribes that was already using them as slaves. not only that but Whites were slaves as well. Some Blacks was slave owners and was usually more brutal towards their slaves than any White slave could have ever thought of being. Indians (Native American) were also slave owners. These are FACTS that no school will ever teach anymore since they like to aid in breeding racism and ignorance. You need to see if you can find a book called White Cargo, that is one of many books that was written by a Black person that proves that Whites were slaves and Blacks were also slave owners. Your statement proves you don't have proper knowledge to criticize someone on their answer..

I honestly never cared about what she said.. But I mean I forgive her.. No hard feelings Paula..

Paula Deen is an ignorant woman who hopefully has become enlightened by recent events. I think she deserves a second chance at this point

I have never really paid attention to her, so I don't need to forgive her. It's kind of amusing, though, that "pork chop recipe" is one of the things suggested under your question. I'll melt some butter in a skillet.

She hasn't done anything personally to me. I just get annoyed at her for making southern women look like sh!t. But to say that I forgive her, would mean that I was mad a t her. She is not significant enough to get mad about.

@night ranger - its like that because of history, it was white people who took people as slaves and then treated them unequally. So in the media today when a white person does a racist thing they make big deal about it because its like going back in time. Dont get me wrong all forms of racism are wrong, its because in History the white race was known to treat other races like crap. Its annoying being judged because of something you personally didnt do but history shaped the present . ...

As for the question - dont know her, dont care, out of sight, out of mind :)

• Zer0

Honestly never cared about her comment that much although it should not have been said. I don't like her, I don't hate her... I don't know her.

Are we still on this topic? It's gotten so damn boring.

Yes, I've forgiven her. Just no respect for her.

• Liz

Nope. Many black people have lost jobs and were killed over what they said, so no..