what is 51/ 50 and 52/50 in mental health?

im wondering beacuse i dont know. once they said i was 51/50 and i was reading reviews on that hospital it has bad reviews honestly i dont even think it was 51/ 50 according to the reviews i thnk is a lie. i could never hurt or kill myself or anyone else. so what are thay?

• Lori
    Favorite Answer

Involuntary psychiatric hold.

52 50

Sometimes in county hospitals they will hold you on a 50-51 for being a danger to yourself and others. If you have insurance it will become an insurance scam. They will give you meds and since it is a 72 hour hold, they use a loop hole of changing your meds every 72 hours so they can hold you another 72 hours for "observation" all while billing your insurance. I've seen people who really needed the help get released after one day there cuz they had no insurance and people who seemed pretty well put together held jus cus they had insurance. The BHC hospital in Covina, Ca operates like this.some people had been there weeks and months. Can be indeffinite and can just be swept under the rug and forgotten about.This really happens. Dirty little secret in the mental health industry. When I had realized what was going on I told them obese going to call my insurance company and tell them not to pay anymore. They prevented me from using phones and when confronted the supervisor and telling him i was onto the scam and either way my parents would call Tue insurance i was inexplicably released. A year or so later when I was checking into a detox facility at a private psych hospital, they asked where I've been on the past. I told them BHC and could not find my file or any evidence that I had ever been there. Like my records were destroyed to cover it up. There's something really wrong going on at that place. Just a warning to others so you won't be stuck in a place like that doing the Thorazine shuffle, forgotten about and chemically lobotomized.

Source(s): Being in behavior hospitals voluntarily and involuntarily and also friends who've been involuntarily held.

What is the difference clinically between 51/50 and 52/50?