Would drinking one soda a day still give me kidney stones?

I love soda alot i been drinking my whole life never had a kidney stone but i started feeling a little pain noting big like from a 1-10 a 1. Then after i drank water it went away. But now i'm to scared to drink soda even if my doctor said your fine no kidney stones. So i want to know if i drink soda only once a day would it be a risk of kidney stones or not really?

1

Source(s): Reverse Kidney Disease Naturally - http://KidneyHeal.trustdd.com/?nJco

i have many stones (passed a 2mm, 2 surgeries to remove a 5mm, 1mm currently growing in my right that they are watching because it's growing so fast and a 3mm in my left). so this is my advice.

i have a high tolerance for pain. however kidney stone pain is nuts. you will never be at a 1, a 5 or an 8 on the 1-10 pain scale. kidney stones are about a 1000. worse than childbirth. when i had the pain i passed out and threw up. i am super scared to have another attack.

the painkillers that they give you in the ER don't work. at least they didn't for me. and i was on a super high amount of Dilaudid. so much so that they had to monitor my heart rate because it did slow down.

the ER will then send you home with a narcotic. mine was Norco (high power opiate). don't be surprised if you go back in the ER several times because it just plain doesn't work. all doctors will tell you that kidney stone pain is the worst pain the human body can go through. and it is NOT worse for men. it's the same for men and women.

so i hope that will calm your nerves with what a stone feels like. it's horrific. and i'm not trying to scare anyone. i just want people to know that you will know when you have an attack. i thought my appendix burst. but after passing out and throwing up i rushed right to the ER.

soda CAN cause oxalate stones to form. so if you already have kidney stones. avoid dark drinks. period. that goes for soda, tea, beer and coffee. caffeine is also very bad. it dehydrates you and water is key to keeping stones from forming.

my urologist has told me to drink between 1 and 1.5 gallons of water a day. he also said to add lemon to the water. i have a 1mm stone in my right side. 1 month after surgery it started to form right away. so you HAVE to drink lots of water. i carry water with me where ever i go.

UPMC has a great low oxalate diet to follow. so if you would like to see what other foods cause stones... which is pretty much everything... this will help guide you.

if you are still afraid of pain that you have. ask your doctor to recommend a urologist for you. remember, the urologist is who you need to see. not your normal doc.

hope this info helps. oh one more thing. if you go to the ER and you already know you have a kidney stone. let the staff know. they'll move you up on the list and get you in faster. again. that's how bad the pain is. i've only had to wait 45 mins at most for a bed and chicago has crazy wait times.

ps. i had lipotripsy that did not work. i then had ureteroscopy to clean out my whole right side. if anyone has questions about that... let me know.

Source(s): http://www.upmc.com/patients-visitors/education/nu... Northwestern Memorial Hospital Urology Department in Chicago.

It all depends on your body. Everyone's body is different and can handle different things, some people are just prone to kidney stones and get them no matter how they eat or drink. Of course not drinking soda would up the chances of preventing one. One soda a day is not awful, but if your trying to prevent kidney stones I would definitely cut back a bit more then that. At least to one a week.

Source(s): Dad recently diagnosed with 14 kidney stones. 3 have passed.

Soda is bad for you. Even the zero calorie stuff is poison. It's been shown that even diet soda will cause weight gain. It's best to just not drink it at all. Stick with all-natural water.

No, it would not give you kidney stones. If anything, it would just lower the amount of some vitamins in your body. The pain was probably just from carbonation in your stomach

No as long as u drink water too