What is my Credit Score - Where can I find out what My Credit Score is online for free?

What is my credit score, I mean where can I find out what my credit score is online without having to pay anything? I hear a lot in the news these days about how a poor credit score can cause financial problems but what does it actually mean and can I get a free credit score report online? (I'm not sure if you... show more What is my credit score, I mean where can I find out what my credit score is online without having to pay anything? I hear a lot in the news these days about how a poor credit score can cause financial problems but what does it actually mean and can I get a free credit score report online? (I'm not sure if you have to pay for these things or not) Is this something that I even need to worry about, or just more media scaremongering? Where can I find out what my credit score is for free, any help?