Is it weird that I watch Japanese dramas?

I am currently watching GTO (great teacher onizuka) its from 1998. Anyway I'm half white half black...I only watch this show because I really like japanese culture. I also feel like I can connect with Takashi Sorimachi and his character and I think Nanako Matsushima is so beautiful. I've dated a couple asian girls and our relationship was really similar to Takashi and Nanako so it just seems normal to me. I feel like I'm very weird. Its like I'm japanese on the inside but not on the outside. Is this weird?

Favorite Answer

Nope you aren't. I sometimes to think that I am more like a Japanese inside me rather than my own race. Basically 95% of the dramas/movies I've watched are Japanese dramas and almost 99% of the songs I listen to are Japanese songs. What's more, I am learning Japanese in an English-speaking country, I like Japanese food and I am working towards my dream to work in Japan.

• no one

What does the color of your skin have to do with liking dramas from another country that's not yours? I'm white and I've been watching Asian dramas for about 3 or 4 years now, especially Korean. I find them better than most of the American dramas which are in the majority all about the sex scenes that one can fit in one episode. Also since young I've watched anime, which is Japanese, makes it over 20 yrs now. If you like something, be it a drama, movie or songs from a foreign country, why would that make you weird??

• ?

Autumn's Concerto - Taiwan undesirable guy - Korean - fairly complicated Bull scuffling with - Taiwan infinite Love - Taiwan Hana Kimi - Taiwan (my opinion is that japan is larger) Playful Kiss - Korean It began with a Kiss - Taiwan mislead Me - Korean Meteor bathe - Taiwan My fortunate massive call - Taiwan Oh My lady - Korean Paradise Ranch - Korean own flavor - Korean Prosecutor Princess - Korean playstation guy - Taiwan Queen no longer Getting Off of artwork - Taiwan secret backyard - Korean arising destiny - Korean Shining Inheritance - Korean Smile You - Korean espresso Prince - Korean Sungkyunkwan Scandal - Korean summer's choose - Taiwan you're desirable - Korean Drunken to love you - Taiwan Fated to love you - Taiwan

Nope nothing weird about that. Everyone is unique:)

Yes. You're really weird.

You sound strange so no