Is the AMD Radeon HD 8400 a good graphics card?

I was wanting to buy a computer for gaming and it listed this card for its video card.

Favorite Answer

No, it's integrated. You don't want integrated cards to play games on

• devoti

Amd Radeon Hd 8400

I also own a Toshiba C55D w/this same Card and here is the list of games I own and play 100% Perfect w/o any Lags or Glitches :

Alan Wake / Alan Wake American Nightmare / Another World / Arma 3 / Assassins Creed Liberation / Batman Arkham City GOTY / Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition / BioShock Infinite / Borderlands 1 & 2 /

Broken Age - Act 1 / COD MW 3 / Dead Island / Dishonored / Driver San Francisco / Enemy Front / FarCry 3 / Flashback / Hitman Absolution /

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream / Incredipede / Lifeless Planet / LIMBO /Long Night Episode I Alone Break / Machinarium / Mark of the Ninja Special Edition / Max Payne 3 / Metro 2033 / Metro Last Light / Naval Warfare / Primordia / Rage / S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat / Sanitarium / Sir, You Are Being Hunted / Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army 2 / Sniper Elite 3 / Spec Ops The Line / The Walking Dead S1 & 2 / The Wolf Among Us / Tomb Raider / Unepic / Unmechanical / Valiant Hearts The Great War / Whispering Willows.

Funny cause my Intel HD 2000 (not sure if it's 2000) integrated graphics card is just fine.

It's combined with AMD Radeon 8670M (for laptops) and it's just good.

LoL on 60FPS, and even fecking Watch Dogs is playable.

I bought this laptop in october 2013

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/zZH54

Since the Radeon HD 6250 can run most of the games that require a GeForce 8800 I'd imagine it will be better than a GeForce 8400.

Dont let these guys fool you i have one bud, AMD A6 5200 APU, with radeon HD 8400 graphics quad core ect. i run darksiders 1 and 2 on recomended settings and i play wow on good with high textures view distance ect, i play COD yup i play that on normal settings looks great and naruto storm 3 the list goes on man but there are some that does not work like MK9 and injustice. bro your fine its not bad and as far as i can see mine is not intergrated only thing intergrated in my lan lol. oh and i tested dmc 4 works perfect, and if u play online games my 40 man raids are 20-29 fps thats freeken awsome since i had a HD 3200 laptop man i could'nt even raid 25 man with that crap but bro ur good .

its pritty good for casual gaming, just don't expect much from it, remember its part of the mother board that what "integrated" means, and it runs off youre RAM modules, what i would recommend is the following

1. Update the graphic drivers as much as u can

2. Check your bios to see if you can raise dedicated memory to 1GB

3. Minimum of 4 GB of ram for casual games ,DDR3 memory cards are relatively cheap sow if your laptop has 2gb, spend 20 to 30 $ add 4gb and you'll have 6gb and that's more than enough for most games.

optional

upgrade your hard drive to a SSD Drive if you have the cash, if not just follow the first 3 steps and you be OK until you decide to buy or build a gaming RIG laptop or desktop

Good luck and Game ON !!!!

Source(s): Panama Goverment Tech Support, glad to help any body how asks

This comes up as a result when you do a google search for this Integrated GPU. Jos.H's answer above implies that this CPU-integrated graphics chip is good for gaming.

It's NOT!

Please review these performance specifications:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-8400.93...

You will notice that their results indicate that most modern games are UNPLAYABLE even on low settings with this integrated GPU.

This integrated chip is intended ONLY to provide a minimum standard of graphics acceleration for graphical desktop environments such as Windows Aero or OpenGL-accelerated desktop GUIs for Linux. It is NOT intended for 3D games. It will work well for light 2D games such as web-based games or games you might find on social media sites.

The performance of this chip is basically just one step above cell phone graphics chips in that it can render up to 10-15 frames per second on very low 3D settings for games whereas a cell phone currently can't even do that much.

Do NOT assume this is a gaming chip! It's not! It is literally intended to accelerate 3D-oriented desktop GUI's and other "fancy" user interfaces based on OpenGL or DirectX, and it will also provide accelerated decoding for modern video playback codecs such as H.264 (which is used on Blu-Rays). Upgrading other hardware like Jos.H suggested will NOT help you for games!

Could somebody please tell me whether the Toshiba Satellite C75D A7370 is a somewhat good gaming computer. The computer specifics are here:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/973613/Toshi...

It seems to be good so far. The games I have and have played on this computer are Battlestatons: Pacific,

Minecraft, World of tanks, and Star Wars: Battlefront 3. All of them work just fine, though World of Tanks can be pretty low frame rate, though that's probably our connection. Please tell me if this is good for somewhat heavier programs, like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, which should get here in 20 days.

Please tell me!

i personall have one and i am very satisfied with its performance, it can run skyrim,minecraft,smite,dcuo,most modded versions of mc,it can run most games but i think its worth the money if you dont want to spend much