Kat asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 years ago

My Family And Friends Hate Willem Dafoe..?

I don't know what it is, but people seem to hate Willem Dafoe for no reason! I seem to think that it's something to do with how old Willem Dafoe is and how I should look upto a younger actor. Especially, for the past year or two, my family have just randomly hated him. I keep asking them why but they don't give me an answer so...my dad hates him because he says that Willem Dafoe is "Too old" and my dad apparantly hates the way Willem Dafoe looks. Everyone in my family hates him except my sister. She told me she "Kinda" likes him and my nephew REALLY hates him, he thinks Willem Dafoe isn't a very good actor and that he sucks at his work! My nephew is 6 years old.

What should I do? Will I show them his films or explain to them that Willem Dafoe is a great actor? Help me!

• kitty
    Favorite Answer

I am going to say they probably don't really hate the person, because they don't know him. It is probably more because he usually plays the "bad guy" role and he is good at that.

Read a biography about him , http://www.biography.com/people/willem-dafoe-92645...

Then, Point out the facts about this man, not his roles.

The 6 year old should not even be watching any of his movies but apparently he has and like I said, he plays the bad guy roles really good and has a mean face to go along with the role..

He is just and actor.

• towle

Willem Dafoe Family

What a ridiculous non-issue to have. Try getting a life.