Will it / Or has it already , the name Trayvon become a new trend?

In honor of the Florida teen who was fatally shot?

• R.
    Favorite Answer

Its a tragedy, but the name itself is less than classy so I don't see anyone but the people who thought it was a good name in the beginning wanting to use it. Anyway...he was murdered, he didn't invent anything, he didn't save anyone's life, he didn't discover a new theory. He was a teenager who was killed, and while its very sad, its not necessarily something that people are going want to name their children after.

@ V- Less than classy. Just like all the white trash names out there. Brayden, Kylee, Makaela, Trayvon and whatever all sound the same to me- made up and uneducated. I see a name as a name, YOU are the one bringing race into it.

• Snid

Personally, I would wait until the trial is over.

Near where I live it was already used a lot.

I hope not!

I feel awfully sorry for the teen being shot, yet the name I think is awful!

• Megan

Ey? Never heard of it. Thousands of Americans are shot dead each day, i doubt there will be a Trayvon boom, like..ever.

^^

Less than classy or African American?

Don't be ignorant.

Maybe there will be maybe there wont.

You sound less than educated yourself.

African American names like that typically have African roots, coming from African Dialect.

Don't compare someone elses culture to your own white trash.

During cultural transmission Africans who were enslaved still kept many things, religious expression, (which explains white Black churches tend to work differently) and language (explaining names like shaniqua, Trayvon. Names like that often share various similarities with languages like Swahili, so why not educate yourself and get off your white power B/S throne?

Race was already a factor regardless of if you mention it or not, stop playing stupid, you already know which group uses the suffix-Von

Good job proving yourself as another foaming at the mouth less than educated American.

No, it hasn't.