Digital Camera battery exhaustion?

Hi,

I bought a camera from Stoneberry.com- and I'm making monthly payments on it, a month after I got it, the camera kept saying "Battery Exhaustion" and shuts down.I tried replacing batteries and they work for about 24 hours, then It says the samething, I called up stoneberry and there's nothing they can do since their return policy is 30 days, so I'm stuck paying $149 for a camera that's half broken.

Is there anything I can do to fix this camera? I bought it in April of 2013.

The Camera is a Pro-Series x550 by GE.

I don't think mine has a chargeable batteries, it takes 4 AA batteries.

I have taken about 10 photos since getting it.

I feel like boxing this camera up and selling it to someone and let them pay the rest off, because this camera is horrible with batteries.

The camera was originally $278 but Stoneberry had it on sale for $149 and this was the only camera they would approve me for.I really wanted a Nikkon.

Favorite Answer

For those cameras that use AA batteries - they only last for about 100 photos or so. You did not say how many photos you took since replacing the batteries, but this may be normal.

When buying batteries, only buy Energizer or Duracell batteries, and then only buy them from a store with a high turnover so that you get fresh batteries.

Also limit your batteries to Alkaline or Energizer Lithium. Or if you want to go rechargeable, you can get a set of 4 Ni-MH batteries and charger for under $20. If you go that route, avoid the Energizer or Duracell batteries in that case, as they are low capacity. Buy either PowerEx or Enelop XX as they have a higher capacity.

Avoid bargain batteries at a dollar store, or carbon zinc batteries. Especially the latter as they are very prone to leaking.

• stan l

The GE x550 is possibly the worst digital camera currently being made, that's why it's so cheap. It has a reputation of being a battery eater in addition to all its other failings. Your only hope is to use lithium or Nimh rechargables with a matching charger. If you do continue to use alkalines buy only the best quality(ie: Duracell coppertops).

• Andrew

Digital cameras are sudden death to Alkalines - even the good ones.

They're right, there's nothing wrong with your camera - look at Lithium batteries (5x the cost of Alkalines, but 10x the battery life) or AA rechargeables.

No. no longer for the common individual, and may want to be a challenged for a complicated bicycle proprietor like Lance Armstorng. plenty does count number on the size of the dynamo- yet you want to have the speed consistent for the AC output to be sensible as AC means. a extra effective attitude regularly occurring to pedal means is to connect a small generator from an older motorized vehicle, or a smaller dynamo from a extra recent vehicle. The more moderen dynamo nonetheless outputs DC modern-day, yet is extra efficient at sluggish p.c. power production. and considering voltage output of the dynamo is determined with the help of the means utilized to the rotor, that's in a position to value at decrease speeds jointly with pedal powered association or perhaps treadmill powered. It does require a battery notwithstanding to have some value initially for the alternator/dynamo to commence charging. the actual fact of DC output is needed as a results of the indisputable fact that aspect is p.c. self sustaining compared to the AC output of the initial idea queried, the position the output wave style is truly a lot p.c. depending for fifty hertz or 60 hertz means era.

If it says battery exhausted, than it is running low on battery. Just charge it and then it should be fine.

Source(s): I own a DSLR and mine does the same thing