How do senior citizen plan to keep cool when the temperatures rise and does the hot weather bother them?

Mark thanks for the young statement but I think I'm most likely older than you,LOL

• daisy
    Favorite Answer

A/C for me. The heat is one thing, but we have high humidity so much and it just knocks you down when you step outside. Heat kills, so everyone should be careful and hydrated. And that means water, not sodas, coffee or anything else.

I enjoy warm weather. However today it was hovering between 115 and 119 all day. that's a little warm, even for me. I have a really good evaporative cooler, and a powerful air conditioner, if he humidity from monsoon season, makes my evap cooler ineffective. Mornings are always nice. Just try to get everything done by 10:00 AM . I've never yet had to shovel any sunshine off of my side walks.

Source(s): Retired in the SoCal desert since 1996.

seniors stay indoors a lot. Some have ac and some don't. As for me living on the second floor most summer days it hits 85-95F in here so I wear light cotton clothes and have 5 fans going plus the ac, and have a cold pepsi in hand and don't eat heavy. I understand the elderly though have less or thinner blood so they feel cooler or cold so they might even wear a sweater when it's hot outside.

We stay in the air conditioning or go to the beach....sitting under the umbrella or enjoying the cold surf.

It is already HOT here, reached up into the high 90's for the past 5 days.

I spend little time outside. I stay where it is air conditioned. I could not deal with Texas summers without air conditioning. In Las Vegas, we could cool easily with evaporative cooling. We would use the air conditioner only if the humidity was 26 or above.

Temps have been very hot here lately, hitting 111 one day and usually well above 100 every afternoon. We keep cool with AC in our home and in our car, plus we dip into our backyard pool.

• RB

I like the heat, up to about 100, but the humidity needs to be less than 80%. My body does better in the heat...joints limber as well as the muscles are working well.

• sandie

have a great cooling unit here now need unity on the comfortable temp. i9 think 75 and they think 82. i'm sweating. or I get wet and cool off by evaporation. i'm goin to give mom a shower, i'll get one too.

I go out early to get any chores done and then stay indoors in the air conditioning.

I'm not fond of hot weather but living alone I sit around in my fruit of the looms.

• I have Central Air and do my shopping in the wee early of the mornings or late at night when the t**lls are in bed.