Why are Blacks Poorer Than Whites?

My philosophy teacher tried to explain to our class today that there is a "Caste System" of sorts that the entire world lives under where Whites are on the top and Blacks on the bottom.

I'm not talking about America or Canada but the entire world.

Africa is significantly poorer than Europe but East Asia isn't doing horrible. Nations like India and Brazil are still in poverty but no where near the level of Congo or Ethiopia. Do you get the pattern here. He was explaining that the lighter your skin is the more chances you have of being higher in this "Caste System."

Europe//Whites (Richest)

East Asian

Latin America

Middle East

South Asia

Africa //Blacks Poorest)

Why does it seem the Darker your skin is the worse you'll be?

Why and How did this come to be?

THIS IS NOT A ONE SENTENCE ANSWER!!

Update:

BTW he was not saying that Whites are inherently superior (by nature) but he was saying that in this world economic, polical, and social class system Blacks are usually poorer than Whites and that lighter skin in this world is a benefit compared to darker skin. That's all.

Not necessarily racist but very controversial.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Basically it's an ancient tradition here on planet earth, that is the recidivistic and nefarious activities of those of us prison jailing criminal. This has nothing to do with colour. In English Victorian times the lower classes were seen as criminals, they even wrote books witch gave referenced to certain cranial/skull types being responsible for crime. So now we have so called black people who are criminals.

It appears to be a problem in the US at the mo with un-impartial nonrepresentational media portrayals of black white crime, and those on stage turning the grace of God into lasciviousness/wanton lewd.

Perhaps exploiting and profiting from human frailty.

(Young self identified white people may feel unnecessarily hard done by, especially when it's rubbed in their face by those with agendas and profiteers alike whom rejoice in unrighteousness) Bare in mind, the nature of most Thespianism is immoral and the eye can deceive when cash is king.

So this has nothing to do with so called blacks and whites, this is to do with immoral scum on stage cashing in on human frailty - Idolaters, Occultist even! and Murdoch's agenda ECT.

It is our nature to dislike others for many different reasons. The truth is the hawk and the dove has no colour, however, due to our judgmental and formatory thinking ways, we condemn a whole race (Or any other objectified group of peoples), for the activities of just a few hawks within them.

Those who profit from trouble rely on this.

• James
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It has nothing to do with skin color.

First, it is important to understand why the US has been so successful: It is one nation coast-to-coast, with the exception of the Rockies most of the land in the US is flat and fertile, there are navigable rivers, and there are roads.

In addition, the US doesn't have any enemies in it's immediate vicinity. Canada and Mexico are more or less benign. Yes, technically Russia is close to the US (but who gives a sh*t about Siberia or Alaska).

In other words, the reason the US has been so successful is largely because of its geography. That's basically what it boils down to.

The reason Africa cannot be economically prosperous because there are countries; so many political divisions, and it has had to contend with European Imperialism. Of course it has just as much to do with the natural geography. Almost a third of the continent desert, and a lot of it is also covered by thick rainforest. That not only makes it difficult to grow food, but also to build roads. With the exception of the Nile, most of rivers aren't large enough to be used for commercial navigation.

South America has similar problems with Amazon rainforest and the Andes mountains.

As for India, well, I'll admit it's not really geography. India's problem is corruption and overpopulation. That said, India is quite wealthy as a nation, and it is making a lot of progress.

• 7 years ago

I don't have a scientific answer here but what I do know is that usually in the areas that are more poor do not have the natural resources as the more wealthier areas. Look at Ethiopia, not a lot of rain, the soil is hard to grow things in, there is no real industry. Therefore, the people of the land have to make due with what they have. So essentially they are poor. Being poor means not being albe to afford the education to know how to treat the soil and also to learn the technology or get the supplies needed.

• 7 years ago

Think about Africa and Europe then. Lets see the differences. First off Europe has sooo many more resources. It's no secret that they are richer, not beacuse they are white, but beacuse their location is just simply rich with minerals. Africa, on the other hand, is pretty much a desert. Most of their countries are third world and they lack necessary resources for living ( water, food, ect.) that's why most of them are starving to death, not beacuse they are black. Now for America. This is hard, beacuse a large portion of Americans are black. And yes, technically, blacks are at a disadvantage. Believe it or nor, racism still has a impact, especially in the south.its a sad truth, not one that I agree with of course. I hope you understand that beacuse people are black is not beacuse they are poor. There are more factors in play. And yes a lot of black people are off pretty good. Look at Obama for example.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Attitudes which have not yet changed properly. Slavery - meant bottom of the heap - owners and owned - gradually they are gaining ground. Look you have a black President!

Even in UK ladies always had parasols (summer umbrellas) to make sure their skin stayed as white as white because the country people and later, after the Industrial Revolution, the lower classes had darker skin because of being out in the sun.

My best friend, Annetta, is a Jamaican - very dark skinned. Arrived in England when she was seven. She thought she we were very ugly - very pale and she cld see our blue veins thru' our skin and our horrible washed-out blue eyes. She wanted to go home to where everyone was brown and warm-coloured. Fortunately she stayed and her thirteen bros and sisters who arrived at various times after their mother and father had earned enough to keep them -mum was a nurse and dad a tram driver.

Annetta, Nettie to me, went to university and became a lecturer, like me - her brothers and sisters all did well - doctors, nurses and teachers, thus dispelling the myth that white people are somehow cleverer than blacks. In the UK they are all doing well but they still get the odd monkey noises (our disgusting racists insinuating they are monkeys - ironic thing is - they are the stupid friends not my Jamaican friends).

C'est la vie. I hope by the time my grandchildren are grown there will be no more racism, sexism or homophobes. We are all people, trying to live in peace with each other.

Amen.

Mo

University Lecturer

Ma and Grandma - white Anglo-saxon.

• 7 years ago

This research paper might answer your questions:

"The Out of Africa Hypothesis, Human Genetic Diversity, and Comparative Economic Development"

http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Economics/Papers/...

• 7 years ago

Youre not talking about AMERICA OR CANADA but the entire world , what are you saying that North America is not in the world then ! Tell your "philosphy" teacher" that his brain is in his big toe and maybe it got stamped on one day because he is talking a heap of nonsense and his geography is crap !

• 7 years ago

Your philosophy Teacher honestly has some points.. But still deserves to be slappped upside right side and backside of the head.. It's not about skin color it's about the state of mind..

• Soulo
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yo I'm eating Cheetos so I can't type well but do you know why certain regions are poor/rich? Your philosophy is dumb AF

• 7 years ago

Your Philosophy teacher is a fool.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.