Why are Blacks Poorer Than Whites?

My philosophy teacher tried to explain to our class today that there is a "Caste System" of sorts that the entire world lives under where Whites are on the top and Blacks on the bottom. I'm not talking about America or Canada but the entire world. Africa is significantly poorer than Europe but East... show more My philosophy teacher tried to explain to our class today that there is a "Caste System" of sorts that the entire world lives under where Whites are on the top and Blacks on the bottom.
I'm not talking about America or Canada but the entire world.
Africa is significantly poorer than Europe but East Asia isn't doing horrible. Nations like India and Brazil are still in poverty but no where near the level of Congo or Ethiopia. Do you get the pattern here. He was explaining that the lighter your skin is the more chances you have of being higher in this "Caste System."

Europe//Whites (Richest)
East Asian
Latin America
Middle East
South Asia
Africa //Blacks Poorest)

Why does it seem the Darker your skin is the worse you'll be?
Why and How did this come to be?
THIS IS NOT A ONE SENTENCE ANSWER!!
Update: BTW he was not saying that Whites are inherently superior (by nature) but he was saying that in this world economic, polical, and social class system Blacks are usually poorer than Whites and that lighter skin in this world is a benefit compared to darker skin. That's all. Not necessarily racist but very... show more BTW he was not saying that Whites are inherently superior (by nature) but he was saying that in this world economic, polical, and social class system Blacks are usually poorer than Whites and that lighter skin in this world is a benefit compared to darker skin. That's all.

Not necessarily racist but very controversial.