Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 7 years ago

Will Chris Moneymaker ever Repeat?

Moneymaker is the best!jlk;awjf;lkasdjf;lkdsajfdsl Stop criticizing him...he's my favorite !!!!!!!!!!!jl;kasjdfklajdf;lkjdl :'(((((

Favorite Answer

Not likely. Almost impossible to repeat.

• pdq

Of course not. Most likely, nobody else ever will again.

The last person that repeated was Johnny Chan in 1988. That's when there were still only 167 people in the Main Event!

When Moneymaker won, there were still "only" 839 entrants. When folks saw that a complete nobody could actually win the Main Event, the poker boom really took off. The very next year, 2,576 people entered the main event. Then 5,619, then 8,773. Since then, it's leveled off around the high 6 thousands.

Add to that the fact that Moneymaker is a mediocre player, and the answer is "no". He won't ever repeat.

Is there a chance? Well sure. I'd lay 500 to 1 against him ever repeating the rest of his lifetime. I'd lay 10 to 1 against anyone ever repeating again in our lifetime.

***EDIT***

WTF are you talking about? I'm looking at every answer, and I don't see that anyone criticized him. I called him a "mediocre player". That's not a criticism. Mediocre means medium. He's not bad, but he's not great. That's not a criticism. Relax. :\

for a person to repeat they would have to win back to back

and in todays time it will not happen

it will be hard for a person to win the main event more than twice especialy since 2000 it will even be difficult to get back to the top 25 2 years on arrow

• Jonny

Depends if he gets river lucky a billion times in a row at the most crucial stages.

Get Paid Taking Surveys - http://OnlineSurveys.uzaev.com/?rZCh

No, it will never happen.