was snowden a weapon china used against the us in order to give it a taste of its own medicine?

shi (The President of China) was here in USA meeting with Obama and US media was all over China spying on US and than She left for China and Barack Obama gave an interview to Chalie Rose by his own request in which he told Charlie that one of the main issues US has with China is cyber spying. Day later wikileaks published a story about Edward Snowden who exposed US cyber secrets.

It was like a diplomatic amputation and than the reversal of things. Now the entire world including not Only China, India, Brazil and Russia but also European Union saying US was spying on them.

It was a blow for sure a diplomatic blow and I can't think of anything else but a magnificent score for China.

Obama looks bad, America looks bad in the eyes of the whole world when the initial intent of US and Obama was to make China look bad and pin China with a tag of a cyber thiev.

What happened? Are Chinese not only bigger but also smarter?

I want to understand what happened. I want to hear from intellectuals who can analyze it without taking sides or being patriotic about one side or another. Just pure analysis no propaganda.

Thanks!

to: I believe in Healthy Fur,

Why should I be glad that the truth came out? I always knew US and CHina and every government in the world is conducting espionage. You have to be an idiot to think they do not spy on others and even bigger idiot to think they do not spy on their own people. I always knew that when someone else invents a television or telephone or internet they control it and they have everything on their servers. Why is this a knews?

The point I was making is different. Why is an American defecting to CHina and Russia and exposing secrets and why arn't we getting any Russians or Chinese leaking secreats about their governments? Why isn't USA exposing them? What is going on? Is China smarter, than the US? Because if you listen to USA, its the cream of the cream, the top of the world, at the top of the game, but according to these events it is not. That is my question. Why, and what is that all about?

• 紫杉
    Favorite Answer

Snowden's more like an American weapon that backfired.

Then he fled to China: Hey, I got loads of secrets to tell ya!

China: Sorry, I don't have the balls to harbor you from the US highness, ask Russia.

Russia(Putin): Hey, Comrade, I used to work for espionage too! Let's chat!

• It's a nice theory that you laid out. China would have the means and the motive to carry it out, so you could definitely have it as a possibility.

However, there's no proof to your theory.

Unfortunately, the mainstream media never asks 'why', so we're unlikely to get past nice theories and hypotheses.

It's interesting, though, China and America are all smiles in public, but trying to **** each other over behind the scenes. Then some of the countries that publicly are against the US are all smiles in the backroom.

Politics is all mindgames. Just be glad that morsel of truth came out.

===

>>Why should I be glad that the truth came out? I always knew US and CHina and every government in the world is conducting espionage.

Sure, but to many people, it's a 'big surprise' and at least the information is out there.

>>Because if you listen to USA, its the cream of the cream, the top of the world, at the top of the game, but according to these events it is not.

Well, the USA has always been the best at manipulating other countries and playing political games. There are always going to be a few events that go against them. China, then, what China is good at is studying how more advanced countries do things and then ripping them off. So if your theory is right, that's exactly what China is doing. Economically, China won the manufacturing game this way. Now China is moving in on parts of the world that the west ignored, like Africa. China is good at what they do and they are able to mobilise quickly.

No, actually Snowden is a weapon by U.S. Government to expose the weakness in China.

His documents (although there were some deviation in comparing with reports from Microsoft) did report some real incidence. Those documents have proved that Chinese and Hongkongees are totally non-sense in cybersecurity which is the only reason for no investment on cybersecurity.

Snowden's act did accelerate the collaboration between China and U.S.

Matthew 12:29 Else how can a man enter into a strong man’s house and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man, and then spoil his house?

It's not political what Snowden did, he exposed a crime being purpetrated by the US government.

The US government is now working hard to 'warp' that fact into a crime, which is another crime.