Airsoft Rate-of-fire is REALLY low!?

I bought an A&K M249 a few months ago. I used it in one game. I'm preparing for a game tomorrow and I have been charging the 9.6v battery for 3 hours on a smart charger. I tested the ROF like every hour and it hasn't gotten better. The first time I used it, it was really good. But now it shoots like 2 rounds per second. This sucks. Help!

Favorite Answer

If you can get a hold of another compatible battery, then do so to test if it’s the gearbox or battery that’s the problem.

From personal experience stock batteries are usually crap, they often overheat, can’t hold a charge, and typically have memory problems for the worst.

There’s also your charger, dono what type you have, but it may be set to a slower rate in which a large mAh battery could take an upwards of 12+ hours to fully charge.

That and there’s the possibility that the charger is defunct.

Not really enough information to be able to diagnose the problem for an accurate solution.

If you're not already using a 9.6V battery I would recommend switching to that voltage. Also, depending on how much capacity your battery can carry, 3 hours may just not be enough (I'm talking like 4000Mah and up.) Otherwise, A&K motors are simply not that good, and the factory shimming job is usually mediocre at best. Upgrade your battery, & a proper shim should result in a fair increase in FPS. Also, I'd recommend having an expert look at the gun if you're planning a reshim.

When you upgrade you rmotor, you'll want to consider upgrading your piston & your bushing as well (if the bushings aren't already metal.)

The best motor I've ever used was the Tienly line of motors. Can easily get 20+ RPS with stock gears.

Battery: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products...

Motor: http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=745_31_50

Source(s): 5 Years Airsoft / 4 Years Tech www.airsoftgi.com

M249 Rate Of Fire

Something may be wrong with the gearbox or a bb may have shattered in the gearbox. I would take it to someone who can mabye find the problem or fix it.

• Bryan

You may need a repair. I once took a gun to airsplat and they fixed it even though i got it somewhere else. I think it will cost 50 dollars