What causes transgender?

According to what I have been taught in college the human brain is what secretes hormones. Transgendered people say they have for example a female brain in a male body. But if your brain is where your hormones are made and you have a female brain then you would have all the female hormones and this would turn you... show more According to what I have been taught in college the human brain is what secretes hormones. Transgendered people say they have for example a female brain in a male body. But if your brain is where your hormones are made and you have a female brain then you would have all the female hormones and this would turn you into practically female visually.

I need someone to help educate me on this topic because at the moment I am confused because based upon what I know about hormones, it's physically impossible to have normal male hormone levels and to have a female brain. And I do know the many transgendered people have normal hormone levels.

Please help me because I want to understand :)