Writers, can you suggest me some artists/songs to listen to while writing?

I already listen to:

Paramore

My Chemical Romance

Emeli Sande (only Read All About It Pt. III)

Marilyn Manson

Linkin Park

and Avril Lavigne

I don't like Black Veil Brides, Slipknot, Avenge Sevenford (or whatever it's called. I've only heard snippets that my friends showed me), Taylor Swift, One Direction or Justin Beiber (I hate him!).

I'm not a fan of Folk songs, but I don't mind them. It really depends how folk-y they are.

Thank you in advance!

Favorite Answer

Emeli Sande (all of her songs)

Ellie Goulding

Gabrielle Cilmi

Anna Nalick

Gabrielle Aplin

Esmee Denters

The Corrs

Regina Spektor

Birdy

Lenka

Lilly Allen

Marina and the Diamonds

Florence + the Machine

Nelly Furtado

Sara Bareilles

Alanis Morisette

Oh Land

Paloma Faith

The Script

Coldplay

These artists pretty much write their own (insightful) songs

• S ü

Billie Holliday

Norah Jones

Van Morrison

Christina Aguilara

Chatlie Parker

John Coltrain

Sonny Rollins

I would say to stick to the songs you are listening to. And maybe try some Panic! At The Disco. I mostly listen to MCR when I am writing, since some of their songs are expressive and help me get into a writing groove, since I usually write things that have some tragic events I listen to Three Cheers or Black parade, but I listen to Danger Days when I am writing more energetically. The other bands are great too, but listen to the songs that have meaning and tons of expression.

Source(s): My writing capabilities.

Mac Miller, Imagine Dragons

Well you seem more into the rock/punk rock music, but what's the context of your story? Some of my stories are very lighthearted teen romance stories, while others (most) have a more serious conflict and complex plot. I listen to very different music when writing them.

I like to picture my story as a major motion picture and look for songs that may be played on soundtrack and make a playlist of those.

Madonna - Get Into the Groove

Listen to movie soundtracks, I find they have amazing songs to listen to while writing.

it doesn't matter at all really.... you just have it there, when your mind is working... it also depends on what your are writing! I listen to a lo of different music so I can get the feel of things... so yeah it really doesn't matter at all! :) good luck!

try the music of Heather Alexander