Datsun 240z please help?

Im planning on getting a 240z car as a daily driver. I was wondering are parts for it expensive or are they like any other car. Please help

Favorite Answer

I own a 240z 1970. You could use it as a daily driver if you can live without a few extras. On my car I swap the radiator and the car runs excellent. For basic stuff for the engine like distributor, water pump, alternator ther are many parts a available. In my car I swaped the front brakes for Toyota Tacomas calipers fairly inexpensive besides there are lots of forums for help. Ebay is great also for parts and there are millions. So my advice Yes do it. It is very rewarding to drive Zs in a sea of dull vehicles. On the other hand they don't offer the safety and comforts of modern cars but if you are willing to change looks for comfort go for it.

Source(s): 240z Owner | I've owned 3 240z, 2 260z,2 280z and a 280zx

Nissan pulled off a cool trick about 15 years ago. Remanufactured Z cars we all thought was a great idea. Unfortunately for the everyday guy that remanufacturing used up the first quality parts. Depends on what year Z car 1996 to 1997 280z can run on todays fuel even better with a 280 zx motor. ALso what condition is the body of the car in Nissan is a car prone to rust. So be careful or you will start a restoration process trying to find parts that are not available any more.

Source(s): JP
  • James

I suggest going to some on line sires like rockauto.com, autozone.com and input info and see how much the usual parts are going for ...air filters, oil filters, starters, alternator, etc.