Ashley asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

Anorexia; depressed; what do I do ? ugh?

Okay so I can't write my whole story in this detail because I can go on and on. But I'm anorexic, well i'm trying to get better. I became anorexic at the age of 14 (17 now) i starve for several months. get skinny. then try and get healthy. then feel fat. then starve for several months again. and so on.. I can't get out of this damn cycle. seen several therapists. I've been seeing one who I finally feel comfortable with. He feels like he can't help. He wants to send me to an inpatient program for eating disorders. But I feel to fat for this program and then I know that they would make me eat obligatorily.

My older sister previously dealt with depression and binge-eating disorder. When she overcame her binge eating disorder(got thin) I took some advice from her and that's how I started dieting. Now my little sister (who suffers from self harm) I'm scared to death that she's following my footsteps in developing an eating disorder. We talked today for the first time to eachother about are problems today. I talked to her about what this eating disorder is like but I don't think I gave her a good enough grasp on what it is like or why she should never go down this road. What can i do to help my little sister ? What can I do to help myself ? I'm very suicidal lately, and I'm hating myself for being this way or acting the way I do but I just can't stop.

btw my little sister is 15. and right now me and her live with my dad and stepmom(who we dont get along well with because she always talks bad about us/and other reasons). dad is are only support and as much as he tries. I don't think the help is working. & I'm finally done with all this so yes I an seeking for help.

Favorite Answer

Ik this sounds cheesy and dumb but it really is the inside that counts. your personality. Just think to yourself: I have 2 sisters that love me. A father that loves me. Friends that love me. They love me FOR ME. Not how I look. They love ME. If u want to be skinny, actually starving yourself is THE WORST THING YOU COULD DO! If you eat small meals, with a small healthy snack inbetween, you will raise your metabolism (the rate at which you burn calories) that means you will be losing more weight while eating every two hours than u lost while starving yourself! You would be losing weight while you sleep! Starving yourself just stores the fat and puts your body into "survival mode" which makes it hard er to lose weight. But remember there's a lot more to life than appearance.

Source(s): I've been through it all

Don't let your sister follow your footsteps of self harm. You should all go torwards a road of recovery together. You guys will pray for eachother and try eating more food together. If you eat healthy things you won't gain fat weight you will gain healthy weight. Draw a butterfly or a meaningful symbol wherever the you or your sister self harms. Let her know you guys will survive this together and will be there for eachother. Don't let society kill you. Stay strong. Even though your emotions are running crazy, this isn't the end. Don't starve yourself because your (and your siblings) potential is so much more, it shouldn't end this way. Please try as hard as you can to reject the pain you are used to feeling. Be there for your sister and don't do and don't let her make the wrong decisions. Don't cut. Breathe instead. Fix your broken wings together.

Go to 180degreehealth.com and then to the forums page. Register and then go to the Eating Disorders forum and post what's going on with you. I think you can get help there--you can learn how to eat so as to take care of the physiological reasons for your eating disorder (and some of the mental ones too). (The forums just got started a few days ago, so don't be put off by the small number of posts.)

there are programs that you go to for about 2 months, you will meet people like you and make friends, they will help you. trust me

Start eating .... Its all a state of mind SERIOUSLY !!! Food make you happy