Can you bake bacon in the oven without foil?

Can I just throw it on a cookie sheet and let it rip. How long, what degrees? thanks

• BBG
    Favorite Answer

The oven is the only way I make bacon anymore.

No, you don't NEED foil but it sure makes clean-up easier.

If you don't have foil, I recommend using a glass Pyrex container like a lasagna pan. It will keep the fat from leaking out all over the oven.

If you make bacon this way, the easiest way to clean the pan after is to let it cool to room temperature, then put it in the refrigerator or freezer. Then you can just wipe out the fat with a paper towel.

I usually bake bacon at 400F for about 20 minutes or so. It depends a bit on the thickness/quality of the bacon.

I do this all the time, but I do use foil. You will just have this greasy cookie cookie sheet. Of course I'm talking about the cookie sheet with sides.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-perfect-oven-...

The thinner the slice, the quicker the cooking. For the thick bacon, I turn it over halfway through cooking. Like cooking bacon on the stove, it will go from done to burnt if you don't watch.

I've never had a problem with anything else I baked tasting like bacon.

I like to do it this way because I can cook 1/2 to 3/4 a pack at one time.

If you want something that is decadent and not hard to make try this recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pra...

It's bacon cooked in the oven with ground pecans and brown sugar. Pure decadence.

If the baking sheet you are using has an edge to it you do not need foil.

If the baking sheet you are going to use has no edge then you need foil and you need to make an edge to catch any grease.

Microwave will work very well, layer the bacon between paper towels. I am not a fan of microwaves for cooking most things but bacon is one that can be done with great success in the microwave.

I use the oven for bacon all the time and that's how we used to do it at the resturant that way. Never a problem with grease fires, or grease all over the oven.

you can, but you might want to think about that.

On a cookie sheet, there is NO EDGE to hold all the bacon fat that cooks off, so it will spill on to the floor of the oven, where it will burn. And you will smell the burned fat every time you cook till you clean the oven.

If you cook a cake in the oven, it will smell of bacon.

It has to be in a pan or something so the dripping fat will make a mess at the bottom

It is best to oven grill (max) for 3-5 minutes per side depending on how you like it, longer for crispy

Pay attention to what you are doing as it is very eary to burn.

Dune

bakin' bacon:

http://culinaryarts.about.com/od/breakfastcookery/...

the foil is just for easy clean up ... you don't need it

you can also set the strips on a rack above the sheet pan, if you have a rack that fits the pan

Yes 400•* degrees 5 minuets keep checking on it put in more time till brown and crispy

bake bacon

UM

I think you should use a microwave but i'm not sure about baking it without

foil.Because i didn't try it.I would love to try it but i won't.I think its

dangerous.And destructive.So i tried.

Microwave is better...put between two paper towels on a plate and nuke for 1 minute per slice..goooood...