君君 asked in 社會與文化語言 · 8 years ago

英文題目 能否給正解

可以幫我看下面的答案 是否正確(順便說一下為什麼我選的錯)

Animals that live in zoos don’t need to hunt for food or run away from predators. 31.__ , they become less active than wild animals. This is true in the case of 46 penguins at the San Francisco Zoo, which 32.__ to spend their day eating fish and lazing around. Yet everything changed when six new penguins were brought into the enclosure. The newcomers wasted no time in jumping right into a pool of water. This display caused all the other penguins 33. __ into the water as well. Now, all 52 penguins spend most of their time swimming around in circles 34. __ they are exhausted. A penguin expert says that the penguins’ new 35. __ isn’t really strange at all, since wild penguins spend 80 percent of their lives swimming.

31.

(A) In that case

(B) However

(C) After all

(D) As a result

32.

(A) claimed

(B) used

(C) refused

(D) said

33.

(A) to jump

(B) for jumping

(C) jump

(D) jumping

34.

(A)but

(B) or

(C) until

(D) while

35.

(A) movement

(B) action

(C) idea

(D) behavior

BACCD

**********************

Dear Donna,

Thanks for your message. I’m looking ____(31) seeing you, too. I can’t believe my trip is only a week away. I think I’ve done everything I needed to get done before the trip. Thanks for agreeing to pick me ___(32)___ at the airport. My flight (33) to arrive in Vancouver on November 2nd at 4:30 pm

I’ll be flying Dynasty Airlines flight number 111. It’s a long flight and I have a couple of (34) ; as a (35) it’s probably a good idea to call the airline before leaving to pick me up to make sure that the flight hasn’t been delayed.

Can’t wait to see you!

Sally

31. (A) forward(B)toward(C) forward to(D) forwards

32. (A) on (B)up(C) off(D) in

33. (A) should(B)ought (C) had better(D) shouldn’t

34. (A) stand by(B)leftovers(C) holdovers(D) stopovers

35. (A) constant(B)consequentially(C) consequence(D) consequences

Rating
    Favorite Answer

Animals that live in zoos don’t need to hunt for food or run away from predators. 31 as a result , they become less active than wild animals. This is true in the case of 46 penguins at the San Francisco Zoo, which 32. used to spend their day eating fish and lazing around. Yet everything changed when six new penguins were brought into the enclosure. The newcomers wasted no time in jumping right into a pool of water. This display caused all the other penguins 33. to jump into the water as well. Now, all 52 penguins spend most of their time swimming around in circles 34. until they are exhausted. A penguin expert says that the penguins’ new 35. behavior isn’t really strange at all, since wild penguins spend 80 percent of their lives swimming.

The reason I have chosen different answers from you do is due to the context. There is not much of grammar to talk about.

Dear Donna,

Thanks for your message. I’m looking forward to (31) seeing you, too. I can't believe my trip is only a week away. I think I've done everything I needed to get done before the trip. Thanks for agreeing to pick me up(32) at the airport. My flight (33) ought to arrive in Vancouver on November 2nd at 4:30 pm

I'll be flying Dynasty Airlines flight number 111. It's a long flight and I have a couple of (34) stopovers ; as a (35) consequence it's probably a good idea to call the airline before leaving to pick me up to make sure that the flight hasn’t been delayed.

Can’t wait to see you!

Sally

• ?

Poor writing -

The first 2 sentences made a false hypothesis while the 3rd statement injected the suspicion against the first 2.