Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 7 years ago

How to wash a foundation brush?

Ok so I have a foundation brush I use all the time and the foundation is caked in It. How do I wash it and not ruin it? It's an Ecotools foundation brush.

Favorite Answer

I just soak the bristles and swirl it around in the palm of my hand with a little dime size drop of johnsons and joshnsons baby shampoo. Every once in a while let the running water get on my palm while i swish it around so it can rinse out the makeup.

One thing to remember is to try and not hold your brush with the bristles up, or let it dry that way either. Try not to let the water go up into the handle where the metal grasp is glued onto the brush. It can make it fall apart. So just try to keep the water OUT of the ferrule.

Other than that, make sure you reshape the bristles and just lay it to dry at a downward angle.

Love ecotools!!! You need to wash a foundation brush every time you use it and spray with rubbing alcohol. Just get hand soap in your hand and swirl the brush around. If you cannot get the foundation out, maybe boil hot water and let is sit in there. Otherwise you will need to replace it. If you wash the brush everyday you wont break out as much.

Source(s): Esthetician

Water and soap

challenging problem search on to a search engine that can help