Questions about leukemia?

I just heard that my cousin in England is sick with leukemia and was diagnosed 7 months ago(I'm just hearing about this because I live in Canada and am not considered immediate family). She has said that there haven't been any positive results with her treatments. In other words, she hasn't gotten any... show more I just heard that my cousin in England is sick with leukemia and was diagnosed 7 months ago(I'm just hearing about this because I live in Canada and am not considered immediate family). She has said that there haven't been any positive results with her treatments. In other words, she hasn't gotten any better, only sicker.
What sort of treatments are there for leukemia? How could the treatments have backfired? What are the chances she'll survive and what are the chances she'll die?
Thanks, I'm quite new to this disease.