White Population in USA is growing?

I heard on the radio news that this year 2013 - The White population is growing in America. I don't know much about the subject. True or False?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, every year the population of the US increases. According to the US Census buearu nearly 80% is still white. So that makes sense. "true"

If you mean the ratio is improving I'm not so sure about that. One thing to remember is that hispanics are in a different catagory and make this statistic very difficult because there are both white and not white hispanics.

• 8 years ago

Currently the only growth in the white population in the United States is through immigration. The census bureau just reported for the period of time from July 1st 2011 to July 1st 2012 12,000 more white people died in the United States than were born in the United States but this was more than made up for by a gain of 188,000 as a result of immigration. So it is true the white population is still growing but just barely.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

True.

Population growth means growth in absolute numbers. The number is growing. The rate of growth could be increasing or decreasing or staying the same. The white population is growing but at a lower rate of growth than that of the non-white population.

• lare
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

the growth rate is determined by compounding two other rates, first is the birth rate, and second the mortality rate. the birth rate is for whites is significantly lower than for most minorities. However the mortality rate for all races has also dropped. people simply live longer than they did 80 years ago. So the growth rate is still positive. it is extremely rare for any population to have a negative growth rate. nature responds to high mortality by boosting the birth rate, which is what happened in the wake of WW2 for instance. mature populations are more apt to see a lowering of mortality, and a corresponding reduction in birth rates.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

False, the latin population is the largest growing population in the US

• 8 years ago

Growing but slower than Black community.

• 8 years ago

I heard that they were becoming the minority or they already are the minority

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

what exactly is 'white'?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.