Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Reid asked in SportsBasketball · 8 years ago

Who's Better? Dwyane Wade or Larry Bird.?

Is D Wade in his prime better than Larry Bird? Thoughts?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Larry Bird... I think he is the most underrated defender that I have ever seen. People dont realize how good of a defender Bird is. Wade can go inside, yeah I give him that. But he is not the best perimeter shooter in the leauge even in his prime he is never been a great shooter, he always likes to get inside. He is a slasher. Bird likes to read an offensive players mind. Since Wade likes to go in he will take that away from him, he wouldnt even bother covering him outside the 3 pt line. He would just wait for him near the basket.

Offensively,,, there is no doubt that Bird wouldnt even break a sweat. He could just pull up from the 3 pt line. Shoot his mid range. What does a 6'3 guy could do against a 6'9 dead on spot shooter...? One word.. "Nothing" Once Bird gets in his rhythm there is no stopping him making those 3s. and 2s. And if he has the opportunity he will drive in, get a lay up and a foul..

Bird vs Wade

One on One in a game of 21..

Bird 21

Wade 6

• 8 years ago

the man the myth the legend Larry bird don't even put Dwyane Wade in the same galaxy as Larry Bird

• 8 years ago

I say Larry Bird.

• 8 years ago

Larry Bird is top 3 of all time... how could u ever ask this question.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Obviously Bird, but I think most people here are too quick to dismiss wade. One on one? Wade has Bird beat in athleticism, but all other areas bird is superior

• 8 years ago

Larry Bird, definitely, he's a legend, Dwayne Wade is just a star.

• 8 years ago

No no no no no Larry Bird was 300x better than D Wade

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Bird is top 10

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The two men is Dwyane Wade

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Beside each and every great participant replaced right into a facet kick who did purely as lots yet replaced into neglected or overshadowed by ability of the different's fulfillment. Pippen replaced into to Jordan as Westbrook is to Durant, or Stockton replaced into to Malone, Magic to Kareem, Wade to Shaq, Kobe to Shaq, Billups to Anthony etc. those adult males couldnt do it by myself. So what LBJ joined the warmth it replaced right into a criminal commerce for this reason decrease him some slack. each and every participant that isnt underrated may be seen overvalued to the attention of the beholder.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.