MBDTF Rated Best Rap Album by Entertainment Weekly?

Finally someone agrees with me. Entertainment Weekly rated Kanye's MBDTF as the best rap album of all time on their list of 100 best albums. It was #8 out of everything, and 10-15 spots higher than any other rap album. Now do I fully support this? No. I think Illmatic should be at least within one spot of it,... show more Finally someone agrees with me. Entertainment Weekly rated Kanye's MBDTF as the best rap album of all time on their list of 100 best albums. It was #8 out of everything, and 10-15 spots higher than any other rap album. Now do I fully support this? No. I think Illmatic should be at least within one spot of it, or a spot higher. The point is how overrated classic rap albums are. There is no way that this isn't a top 5 rap album of all time, and the only competition is Illmatic I think. The production is unmatched, the lyricism is extremely underrated and incredible, and it is a masterpiece. There are 5-7 amazing songs, and not an average song on the whole album. I refuse to be brainwashed into thinking OB4CL, The Infamous, All Eyez on Me, or anything similar is better. This is in a class of extremely good rap albums with only Illmatic, Ready to Die, 36 Chambers, and Reasonable Doubt. People need to listen to this album and notice how good it is, just cause it was only made 3 years ago doesn't mean it isn't good. It is easily the best rap album since at least 1997. It is Kanye's best album with TCD and Late Registration fairly close behind. Sorry for the essay, but it needs to be said.
5 answers 5