Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 7 years ago

Boston/New York/Jersey weather right now?

I'm going to be going back east to Boston, New York, New Hampshire, and New Jersey for the next 10 days. I'm trying to figure out what to bring, clothing wise. I've heard it's humid. The forecast for Boston right now has like 30% chance of rain, 40% chance of rain...Based on that, will it rain? Because if it says here in Arizona there's a 30% chance of rain, it's not gonna rain. It has to be like 70-80% chance for rain. So basically, what should I wear? Should I always have an umbrella?

• SAL
    Favorite Answer

The weather in the north east is very hard to predict. It is summer, of course, so you should wear summer clothes. You should bring an umbrella with you just in case but I wouldn't say it's a necessity. It has been very humid so far this summer. The heat up here is much different from heat in Arizona. It's usually never a dry heat, instead it's heavy and sticky. When its humid, like it has been, there is usually always a chance of rain or thunderstorms and 30% of the time it will rain.