Conservatives, if you could would you abolish the democratic party ?

Favorite Answer

No. Doing so would be anti-Democratic (in the general sense). Although there is a lot of perceived suppression by Democrats, this would be actual suppression. A Republic cannot operate well when a groups are unfairly dealt with like this. In fact, even if the Democratic Party were to fail on it's own and there seemed to be nothing to replace it, I would promote support for it, just so there is some organized alternative political voice to help give legitimacy to the stronger Republican or Libertarian representation. A one-party system is always suspect.

If I could, I would abolish the Democrat Party, the Republican Party, the Tea Party, the Conservative Party, the Xxxx Party, all the parties, and start over.

Parties suck, but they provide lobbying (the only massively effective way to draw the attention of lawmakers to minority problems and concerns), too bad lobbying is so biased and unbalanced, but it's sort of the best we've got at the moment. The organizations built around lobbyists ultimately drive the bills (and eventually laws) we need. It's be hard to do that without the parties, so all sides need to be represented, though I do not believe we NEED our current party system to do that, I just think despite the contention it actually is quite effective, if not effectively annoying.

Robert S:

I don't think it's called the Democrat party as often as the Democratic party, if party is a noun, why is adjective-noun wrong?

No, the Democrat Party is okay, but we do need to abolish Liberals.

Why would they want that? The best thing that they could happen is for them to keep the Democratic party that way they can show how they are different.

No. But what I'd really like to see happen (SOON) is getting the freeloaders off our tax system to feel more of the benefits of working-for-a-living than how much they can squeeze out of us hard-working tax payers that support them.

The most famous moment for me was the hard@ss banging against Newt Gingrich that occurred when he simply stated that schools should offer jobs to students (garbage detail/floors/cleaning, etc) in areas where parents live off of the tax-payer money to give the students the "idea" that working generates a monetary reward...heck, I wish in my school this was offered---I'd have taken the job.

Why, how, or when did the name change?

Its Democrat. Not democratic. Democratic is an adjective. Democrat is the noun.