Why is the New Yahoo Mail loading so much when all I want is email, not any other service or feature?

I do not like those extra JavaScript codes loading in the background, stalling me, and delaying everything I do while simply trying to load Yahoo Mail. Why is Yahoo bogging down their mail service with IM services, click trackers, and other things that only serve to add more to loading the site? I must wait up to... show more I do not like those extra JavaScript codes loading in the background, stalling me, and delaying everything I do while simply trying to load Yahoo Mail. Why is Yahoo bogging down their mail service with IM services, click trackers, and other things that only serve to add more to loading the site? I must wait up to 25 seconds for an unresponsive script to stall out long enough for my browser to ask me to stop it. Why has Yahoo removed the old Classic Mail without all the bloatware and that loaded in a second? Please bring back Yahoo Mail Classic for those not running on an OC3 Internet connection. I have used Xubuntu Linux LTS i686/32 bit, Puppy 32 bit, OpenSuse 32 bit, Fedora 32 bit, Poseidon 32 bit, Pelican HPC 32 bit, Antix 12 32 bit, Cent 32 bit, Slitaz 4.0 32 bit, Trisquel 6.0 i686/32 bit, Crunchbang 11-20130506 i686/32 bit, Mint 13 KDE i686/32 bit, XBMCbuntu 11.0 32 bit, and Windows 7 Premium 32 bit with Chrome/Chromium, Swiftfox, Firefox, Opera, Aurora, Links2, and other browsers. All the same results no matter what OS or browser I use. The problem is not on my end. Each time i load Yahoo Mail, the page loads more data using downloader.js but this file locks up my browsers and eventually must be stopped or blocked to resume normal usage of Yahoo Mail. Each time I delete things or mark things as spam, they are immediately sent to the correct folders (trash or spam) as expected, however sometimes the page rolls back to a previous state and I must repeat the first actions again only to watch all of my actions roll forward, as if a hiccup in the data lines has happened somewhere between me and Yahoo servers. I use Linux, BSD, and Windows in parallel and use more than one computer. I will be obtaining A+ certification soon and will be going for a few Linux certs as well. I have no problem configuring my own computers and network hardware, nor do I have any problem with upgrading hardware device firmware, softwares such as java, flash, mono, etc. I do some coding in c, html, css3, and lsl. My systems are configured for minimalism. I use only what is required to do the task. I have used Yahoo Mail since back in 2000, and it has never been this slow during the entirety of my history with Yahoo Mail.
1 answer 1