Which should I get, Fallout 3 or Dead Island?

I'm not sure which one i should get, so I need a few questions answered. Which one looks better picture wise? Which one is more enjoyable? Which one has better gameplay? Which one has better combat? Concerning Dead Island, does it have offline co-op or an option to play with another person in he same room even if it's online. Also concerning Fallout 3, are there any normal weapons and are weapons customizable? Thanks, BTW this is for the Xbox 360.

Favorite Answer

Better picture wise - Fallout 3 is stylized better.

Most enjoyable - Fallout 3 hands down. it is very depthful, has a dark storyline, great gameplay, tons of quests. Dead Island is a VERY linear game with a super short storyline (less than 24 hours gameplay easy, I have hundreds of hours in fallout 3 and new vegas.) Dead island turns into a spamfest where you just kick zombies over and over, and is REALLY boring without friends to play with.

Better gameplay - Again, fallout 3. deep customization, skill trees, perks, basic RPG stats, in fallout known as SPECIAL - Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Luck. Want to be a brute who smashes guys with a giant sledgehammer? you can do that. prefer skulking in the shadows and sniping people with high powered rifles? you can do that too. have a knack for explosives, or do you prefer mechanical firing weapons vs energy lazers and cannons? you can choose all that too. Bethesda makes intensely depthful RPG games, and Fallout 3 is a great showcase.

Better combat - Again, the award goes to fallout. you can play real time and swing, snipe, shoot, bash, explode, whatever, or you can utilize the VATS system which pauses the game briefly for you to target certain body parts. Dead Island, on the other hand, is shoot and swing until you are overwhelmed, then kick your way out. repeat ad nauseum.

Co-op - Award here goes to Dead Island. online and lan can happen. in fact, the game is VERY boring without friends. Fallout can stand alone, and has no multiplayer, as you probably know.

Fallout 3 weapons - They are semi customizable. if your repair skill is good, you can craft your own weapons out of scrap parts, but the real bread winner for customization is Fallout: New Vegas, which allows you to purchase other parts like new scopes, silencers, extended mags, etc.

To be perfectly frank with you, Dead Island is fun for a bit, but really not worth your $ unless you are spending under 5 dollars for it.

In terms of Fallout 3, it is a GREAT game, but I would highly suggest you look into Fallout: New Vegas. the story is much better, the gameplay is smoother, there is more customization, and all around better than Fallout 3 was. I have hundreds of hours in Fallout: New Vegas, and I have barely dented the surface of quests available to me.

Source(s): Huge bethesda fan, have put tons of hours in all the fallout series.

Fallout 3

If you want a post-apocalyptic shooter game, fallout is the way to go. If you want more of a zombie survival type of game, then go with dead island. I don't know much about dead island but fallout is pretty fun. Weapons in fallout are not customizable though but there are normal weapons. I have only rented dead island and I thought it was pretty fun so I guess it's really up to what type of game you enjoy.

Source(s): Gamer

If ur looking to smash a zombies face in with a large object and don't really care about the story, go with Dead Island. If you want a post apoc RPG with great storyline, great gameplay, great horror and great, well, everything, then Fallout 3. Fallout 3 has zombies at some points as well so I recommend Fallout 3.

Source(s): I'm a gamer (duh)

Fallout 3 is a much better game than Dead Island. It is not as linear and has many hours of gameplay to keep you occupied.

• Nikola

fallout 3

Both games are equal in the graphics section, making both equal. But Fall out 3 has a bigger region of area and much more things to do, while in dead island, you can do easy quests and get cool guns or weapons that increase you in game, while Fallout you can do almost anything like shoot hookers (if that's what your into) and do thousands of quests on your fingertips, but if you had to ask me I would say Fall out.