Emma
Emma asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

my period seems irregular to me?

it's never the same amount of days apart, sometimes it skips completely (it hasn't yet this year but last year I went 60+ days without it), and it's really heavy & I get horrible cramps that keep me home from school :/ idk if I should see my doctor about this? I'm 14 btw; here's the schedule of what it's been like this year so far (what days it happened and how far apart it was) one of them my period was only 9 days after the last one :/ oh, also right now it's been 16 days since my last one and I'm starting to see signs that it's coming like within the next week :/ so anyways, should I see my doctor about it? I've had my period for over 2 yrs now

jan 30, 31, feb 1, 2, 3, 4

********35 days**********

mar 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

********32 days**********

apr 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

*********9 days**********

may 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

********30 days**********

june 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

I assume I'm eating enough lol, I'm like 5'3- 5'4" and 101 lbs

Favorite Answer

You might have a hormone imbalance. I don't think it's PCOS or anything serious. If you are worried see a doctor. That is weird.

Sometimes irregular periods can run in the family, no need to worry. Also, are you eating enough? sometimes when girls lose a lot of weight, they have irregular periods or miss a period. If you are really concerned, tell a doctor. They might put you on birth control. I wouldn't really worry, it's part of being a girl.