If one bumps into another car while parking and cause no damage does one have to report it?

I have a friend who is being charged under section 3 for driving without due care and attention and failing to report an accident. He accepts that he bumped into a car while leaving a parking place but his wife got out and confirmed that there was no damage. He therefore did not report it but a couple of people... show more I have a friend who is being charged under section 3 for driving without due care and attention and failing to report an accident. He accepts that he bumped into a car while leaving a parking place but his wife got out and confirmed that there was no damage. He therefore did not report it but a couple of people standing nearby did and he has now been charged under section 3 and told that there was damage to the other car. He accepts that he bumped but denies causing any damage - what should he do?