What is wrong with my cat?! Skin bleeding?

My cat lives outdoors, but she's getting pretty old now. Today I noticed that she has lost her hair around the base of her tail. Her ski is very red in this area and while trying to inspect it began to release pus. It obviously seemed to hurt her and she has been licking it and trying to clean it... I live in a rural area and we don't really have a vet ear by! Do you know what it may be and what do you suggest. I'm scared to irritate it further without trying to find out what it is.

Favorite Answer

Well, the skin of an older cat is thinner and less elastic, has reduced blood circulation, and is more prone to infection. You should bring your old cat to the vet every six months for a check-up. That's just my opinion. Well, it can make her healthy despite of her old age. All you can do is give her a healthy and nutritious food. Use Polysporin to treat the bleeding skin. It can avoid bacteria infection.

She could have got into a fight or something. My best advise would be to take her to a vet asap. she could die if the infection gets worse. Other than that try keeping her indoors for a while and give her warm baths to try to heal the infection. No shampoos or anything. Just water.