josh asked in SportsCycling · 6 years ago

do i have a bad inner tube?

i put some air in to it but when i push down the pin air doesnt always comes out and some of the sealant comes out through the valve and the pin doesnt spring up like previous presta inner tubes i owned is this normal with a self sealing inner tube with a presta valve???

Update:

its a bell inner tube i got from walmart

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

Josh

T sounds like you used slime. It does not work. It clogs valves. When you do get a leak, it can spread that mess all over the inside o f your tire. If you hate flats get Mr Tuffy tire liners. Personally, knowing what I THINK has happened, I'd trash it and put a new tube without slime.

Soccerref

• 6 years ago

Replace the tube, they aren't expensive.

Maybe it's just local, but Walmart is the most expensive place to buy tubes. All the LBS have tubes at least 25-50% less.

• 3 years ago

some racers use a smaller tube to maintain a tad of weight. it incredibly will not harm a element. even though if, the tube will might desire to escalate to fill the quantity of the tire. consequently, this is going to likely be slightly thinner and extremely slightly plenty greater probable to puncture than generic. the actuality of the priority is, although, in case you get a thorn, or sharp rock on your tire, maximum any tube is going to get a puncture. desire this helps out and can provide some convenience.

• 6 years ago

Additional Details

its a bell inner tube i got from walmart

There's your first mistake.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Essentially its the most expensive inner-tube you can buy to save money, Here is a tip, buy a quality product from a bike shop and save time, money, and hassle. Have you learned your lesson or will you repeat your mistake?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.